But what exactly does that mean in terms of books? We publish fiction and nonfiction, but every book we publish will have a message that offers the reader hope. The salvation message can be subtle or direct, but as with all books, STORY is the key.
Our goal with every manuscript is to glorify God. Sure, trying to write a bestseller is a fine dream - and attainable for some. But if only one copy of one of our books changes someone's life by introducing him or her to the Kingdom of God, it is a success.
Please read our Statement of Faith. All authors must sign this Statement of Faith as part of their contract. If you do not or cannot agree, please don't bother to submit your work to us.
So, what are we looking for?
Our needs will change as we grow, but for now, we are looking for the following genres.
Bible studies (particularly geared toward women, men, couples, and teens)
If you write clean, wholesome fiction, but not necessarily Christian fiction, please submit to our sister company at Write Integrity Press.
We do not accept horror, paranormal, erotic, or pornographic manuscripts.
All submissions must be made in Word format by email as an attachment.
In your original e-mail to us, please include a brief cover letter, to introduce yourself and your book. If you have a vision for your book (where you could promote it, or how it will reach others, or touch lives), share that with us too. Please let us know the full word count (using Word's counter) if the manuscript is complete, or an estimated time of completion.
Do NOT send full manuscripts unless we request them. Consideration will be given only to packages submitted in the manner described below - full manuscripts will be discarded and ignored.
Send your sample chapters and marketing proposal as ATTACHMENTS to the e-mail. DO NOT put the chapters in the body of the e-mail. Submissions with the chapters in the body of the e-mail will be discarded without reply.
Please follow industry-standard formatting. This means your manuscript:
- Pages should have 1" margins on all sides.
- Lines should be double-spaced.
- Font should be Times New Roman, size 12.
- Uses black ink only - do not use color fonts.
Nonfiction should be 40,000-80,000 words.
Fiction should be 50,000-100,000 words.
For NONFICTION manuscripts, please submit the following:
- Short bio - please include any credentials and why you are qualified to write this book.
- Pitch - 30 words or less
- Long blurb - 150 words or less
- Marketing proposal - How do you plan to market your book? Does your book include any pertinent social issues, groups, factors that provide a springboard for media?
- Chapter outline - one paragraph per chapter for every chapter of the book.
- First three full chapters of the book.
For FICTION, please submit the following:
- A short bio.
- A "one-sheet" that includes the pitch (30 words or less) and a short synopsis of your book.
- The FIRST three chapters AND the LAST chapter. (This is much better than the dreaded synopsis, right?)
- Marketing proposal - This won't be the same as for a nonfiction book, but tell us how you plan to market your book.
We will try to reply promptly to all submissions, but please allow up to 90 days to hear from us. If you haven't heard from us by that time, please send a brief e-mail inquiry.